Saturday, July 24, 2010

Done, Done, DOOOOONE!

Well, as of last night at 11:35, I finished the Ravenclaw scarf! The includes a hand wash, an attempted block, a run through the dryer, and all of the fringe added on. It looks amazing. I reeeeaaally want to keep it, but I obviously can't, since I can't possibly whip one up before school, since I have 3 other projects I want to do. It is approximately 7 feet long. Pretty damn long. But it's lovely. I want to make one for myself, but for now, NO. I'm sick of seeing the colors in my hands. :P But at some point, I will. I didn't have time to take pictures today, but soon! When I do, I'll post them. :)

So...2 days ago, we went to 2 different yarn stores, and I bought some amazing yarn. Both kinds are Alpaca. The first yarn is pure Alpaca, and will be used for a Celtic knot scarf. The second yarn is Alpaca and Wool, and will be used for some gauntlets. They're both amazing. I'm excited to cast on! I also got some new circular needles, so I can do socks and other things. The sock yarn I've had for over a year. I got it in Scotland. I cast on socks and well, they didn't work out. So I'm going to frog the one sock I started, and use the yarn for a pair of amazing socks. It'll be fun.

Today I bought the book The Happy Hooker. It's a crochet book, by the lady who did the Stitch 'n Bitch books. XD I want to learn to crochet, and my mom needs a refresher course. So, I got it. I also found out that the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation yarn is at Jo-Ann Fabrics! I should have gotten some of the Bamboo Ewe, but I was like nah. *sigh* Oh well. Next time!

I should go finish Lydia's scarf. I need the needles for the Celtic scarf. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment