Saturday, July 17, 2010

Seriously?

So, the other day, I was watching a knitting/crocheting show on tv (Knit and Crochet Now! or Today! [can't remember which one]). This isn't an unusual situation, as I make it a point to catch the show at least once. The unusual thing was the person on it. Now, the host lady was clad in "normal" type clothing. Something the average person would wear. She didn't look strange at all. The strange person was her guest knitter. There were SO many things wrong with her.

Firstly, she had a knitted flower in her hair. Oh yes.

Next, she had on a jean jacket from the 90s. Even better.

Lastly, she had the same haircut that she probably had in middle school, which was many years ago. It needed to be cut.

Now, this show isn't old. The particular episode was shot....last year I think. So really, a knitted flower/jean jacket combo? TERRIBLE. She was seriously the epitome of terrible, nerdy knitters. When the average person thinks of someone who knits, they either think grandma, or this terrible lady. It's aggravating. That's why I normally keep my knitting to myself, unless it's given as gifts. So please, the next time you see one of those terrible people, try not to stereotype all knitters.

P.S: I am working my way to the 6th set of stripes on the Ravenclaw scarf! Almost halfway done! It's going to be amazing when it's done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment